Four members of a family sustained minor burns after a fire broke out at an apartment in Ahmedabad’s Maninagar reportedly after a gas cylinder exploded due to overheating. The incident happened at Hebron flats, one person has been admitted to a hospital.
The incident took place at 6.30 am. After the blast, the residents nearby alerted us. The gas cylinder exploded in the storage area where the family was boiling water. The distance between the burner and the cylinder was very less, which caused the cylinder to heat up and blast. The fire was on the third floor of the three-storeyed building.