According to the Reserve Bank of India’s list of holidays, banks will be closed for 15 days in the month of April. Sundays, second Saturdays, public holidays, and regional holidays are among the days off. However, some of the holidays on the list are only observed in certain states.
Banks are open on the first and third Saturdays of each month but are closed on the second and fourth Saturdays, according to RBI guidelines. Bank holidays are classified into three types: holidays under the Negotiable Instruments Act, holidays under the Negotiable Instruments Act, and holidays under the Real Time Gross Settlement Act.
Bank holidays in April include several state-specific festivals such as Bohag Bihu, Vaisakhi, Maha Bisubha Sankranti/Biju Festival, and Id-Ul-Fitr (Ramzan Eid).
Bank Holidays in April 2023: Check List Here
- April 1 (Saturday): All banks are closed for year-end
- April 2: Sunday
- April 4 (Tuesday): Mahavir Jayanti
- April 5 (Wednesday): Babu Jagjivan Ram’s Birthday
- April 7: Good Friday
- April 8: Second Saturday
- April 9: Sunday
- April 14 (Friday): Bohag Bihu/Cheiraoba/Vaisakhi/Baisakhi//Tamil New Year’s Day/Maha Bisubha Sankranti/Biju Festival/Buisu Festival/Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti
- April 15 (Saturday): Vishu/Bohag Bihu/Himachal Day/Bengali New Year’s Day
- April 16: Sunday
- April 18 (Tuesday): Shab-l-Qadr
- April 21 (Friday): Id-Ul-Fitr (Ramzan Eid)/Garia Puja/Jumat-ul-Vida
- April 22 (Saturday): Ramzan Eid
- April 23: Sunday
- April 29: Fourth Saturday
Customers should check the RBI holidays list before visiting a bank. Customers should not be concerned, even though banks will be closed for 15 days, because online internet banking services will be available as usual. Customers will not be able to deposit or withdraw cash from the bank physically; however, the rest of the internet services will be available as usual. If you have any bank-related work, you should contact your local branch to confirm the bank holidays in April this year according to your region to avoid any inconvenience. Please keep in mind that net banking and other online transactions will be available during the holiday season.