On Tuesday morning, a fire broke out inside the zilla panchayat office building in Gandhinagar. However, no injuries were reported as a result of the incident, according to officials.
According to the Gandhinagar Fire Safety Department, a fire was reported about 10:40 a.m. on Tuesday on the first floor of the Zilla panchayat office in Sector-17 in Gandhinagar. As per officials, the incident may have begun due to a short circuit in the metre area on the first level. Notably, the Gandhinagar Fire Station is only a few minutes walk away.
“At about 10:40 a.m., a call was made to our fire station about a fire at the zilla panchayat office.” Four fire engines were dispatched to the scene, and the fire was extinguished in 45 minutes. There were no injuries recorded because the personnel was promptly evacuated by zilla panchayat office bearers. “The actual cause of the fire has yet to be determined,” stated a fire official at Gandhinagar’s Sector-17 Fire Station.