A nine-month-old baby from Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh, had swallowed a small LED bulb, which was successfully taken out in a surgery at the Civil Hospital in Ahmedabad.
Hospital officials said the child was playing with a toy mobile phone when he put the ‘antenna’ of the phone, including the LED bulb, in his mouth.
The bulb detached and ended up in his food pipe.the bulb had punctured the wall of the food pipe.
A bronchoscopy was performed to inspect the lungs as the area around the spot where the bulb got lodged was inflamed.
A surgery was performed to remove the bulb. It is a reminder for the parents to keep tiny objects away from toddlers.