The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), a premier global management Institute, announces the launch of Online@IIMA (https://online.iima.ac.in/) – a unified portal that serves as a single gateway to access all the existing and new online programmes by IIMA. Through this portal, the Institute is introducing a slew of innovative online certification courses to help professionals be future-ready and better equipped for rapid changes happening across the business landscape. Students and professionals can now access the same high-quality IIMA education from anywhere across the globe through this portal.
Some key highlights of Online@IIMA are:
- It will serve as the first touchpoint for aspirants intending to take on an intensive and highquality learning experience to upskill and upgrade
- Learners will have the option to choose between a wide range of synchronous or live programmes, and asynchronous or self-paced programmes, that are customised to suit their learning needs
- These course modules have an interactive pedagogy by world-class faculty members
- It offers a wide range of courses in Economics, Human Resources, Information System, Leadership, Finance & Accounting, and Data Science
- Designed for a duration of four to six weeks, course modules have been carefully curated to train learners in real-world business challenges
These courses are also available on popular online education platforms – Swayam and Coursera IIMA will also introduce a ‘Learning Path’ module in the future, which aims to give guidance to students to switch to, or upskill, in a specific discipline. This ‘path’ will be designed with the help and guidance of faculty members and shall be customised for each candidate. Announcing the launch of the portal, Professor Bharat Bhasker, Director, IIMA said, “Online@IIMA is a key step forward in our journey, bringing the expertise of our faculty to a larger pool of aspirants across the globe. This will not only allow for faster upskilling of the available talent pool, but also bridge the geographical barrier to high quality education. To further amplify our efforts and widen our reach, we are also offering these courses on Swayam and Coursera. We believe that Online@IIMA will also provide the same transformative learning experience that IIMA is known for, to all those who choose to participate in it.” Professor Pradyumana Khokle, Dean (Programmes), IIMA who has been spearheading the project at IIMA, said, “Online programmes have been a part of our offering at IIMA for almost 15 years now. Over the years, we have seen an evolution of the learning needs – they have evolved and become more complex, while also becoming highly specialised. Online@IIMA is an attempt to further amplify the diversity of our offerings and bring all our online courses at one place to facilitate easy access to our learners. We hope that this single gateway helps our aspirants easily access all our repository in one place and provides for an enjoyable learning experience.”
IIMA has been the pioneer in introducing the hybrid model of education in India. With Online@IIMA, the Institute has further extended its efforts to provide quality management education to everyone who wishes to take specialisation courses from IIMA. Besides the courses, Online@IIMA will also set up forums and an online learning community to facilitate greater interactions between participants and faculty members and enhance peer learning.