An LPG cylinder explosion in the early hours of Wednesday caused 19 huts to catch fire in a section of Chandola Lake that is home to slums in Ahmedabad.
According to representatives of Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services, there were no reported injuries or fatalities in the accident.
‘The incident happened at 3:50 am, when about 19 huts caught fire due to blasts in six LPG cylinders kept in the huts. The blast occurred due to overheating of the cylinders. The situation was brought under control in one hour 16 minutes. No injuries or casualties have been reported,’ said Om Jadeja, Divisional Fire Officer, Ahmedabad.
‘We were reported by both the public and police. The incident happened about two hours before we were informed. There are more than 300 huts in that are Since we were informed late, there was water management issue while controlling the fire.
Additionally, we had to evacuate. However, because there was little traffic at that time, the situation was successfully brought under control, said Jadeja.