After a fire broke out near the Kargil petrol pump on SG Road on Sunday, a frightened youngster jumped from a high rise building and was injured. After inhaling smoke, two more persons were sick.
“The fire could have sparked from a half-lit cigarette or bidi thrown in the waste bin or owing to a short circuit,” a fire official stated.
“When Kishan Meena,a 16-year-old office kid at one of the second-floor enterprises, saw the fire, he panicked and jumped, breaking his leg. He was sent to the Sola Civil Hospital “The fire officer stated.
After inhaling the smoke, Nimit Shukla, a lawyer with an office on the sixth level, became unwell. The AFES personnel were able to save him.
Due to the fact that it being a Sunday, most of the offices in the 12-story business building were closed. “This removed the necessity for a large-scale firefighting and rescue operation. So far, the specific cause of the incident has remained unknown “Officers from Ahmedabad’s fire and emergency services said as much (AFES).
According to the fire officer, they had to smash many windowpanes to get the smoke out.
In less than half an hour, 64 firefighters and three cops utilised seven fire tenders to extinguish the flames. The smoke spewing from the structure could be seen from the Sola flyover, which experienced a traffic bottleneck after the fire drew commuters’ attention.
This fire destroyed up to six establishments, broke out in a clothes shop in the Aakar business centre. The fire extended to the third floor, causing extensive damage to adjacent businesses. Six fire trucks, one hydraulic equipment, two ambulances, and 68 firefighters were dispatched to the scene. The fire took 45 minutes to put out. Traffic was suspended until the fire was totally extinguished. There were no injuries recorded as a result of the incident.