AHMEDABAD: A minor fire incident inside a room near the OPD of the Civil Hospital on Wednesday. No human causality was reported, said officers of Ahmedabad fire and emergency service (AFES). The blaze was triggered due to a short-circuit.
The blaze and smoke created panic among the patients and their relatives and they rushed out of the OPD. “Even before the AFES personnel reached the spot, hospital staff doused the flames using fire extinguishers,” an official of Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Service control room said.
Civil superintendent, Dr Rakesh Joshi, said that no one was injured in the incident.“ There was sparking in the wiring inside a room close to the outdoor patient department (OPD). It was brought under control within a few minutes by our staff. No patient was evacuated in the incident.